Candidate for Treasurer: Bayleigh Fife

Candidate for Treasurer: Bayleigh Fife

Give two reasons why you are running for your position in student government.

I am running for position as treasurer and homeroom representative on the student council, because student council is a passion of mine along with being a leader for others. This year instead of saying I want to make a change I am doing something to effect change.

List one goal that you would like to accomplish if you are elected, and a few steps on how you would accomplish that goal.

I would like to spend funds responsibly on items to make student life better at MCA.

What three traits do you think best describe you?

Three adjectives I would use to describe myself are independent, driven, and approachable. Ever since I was a young girl, I have been independent. I like to not have to rely on others to get a job done, but at the same time, I work very well with others to accomplish a goal. I am driven, because no matter what I do, I make sure to get things done. I would say I am approachable, because I am a very friendly person with a welcoming personality.

With COVID-19 restrictions in mind, how have you spread JOY to your peers and used your creativity to do so?

I would spread JOY to my peers by reaching out to them in person or online to make sure they know they are loved.

Why do you think you should be elected to this position? What qualifications do you have? If you have won any awards or have held any other leadership positions, please list them.

My peers should vote for me, because not only do I really want to help and be a part of the student council, I am a great candidate for these position. I have been a homeroom representative for the past three years, so I am prepared for the job and know what I am doing. I work outside of school and my job entails me balancing the register; therefore, when it comes to money, I am the girl to find.

How do you embody the term “servant leader”? Be specific about your contributions both in Student Council and at MCA in general.

I have given of my time to help others like when I made all the banners by myself to help boost the morale of the track team, and I volunteered to help at the track meet. I have always made it a point to celebrate my classmates’ birthdays to make them feel special. I am always looking to encourage and empower others. And I love my school and am willing to serve with pride.

Recognizing that MCA’s Executive Board is extremely time-consuming, how do you plan to manage your time next year if you win? Be specific about your strategies for time management.

I feel that you have always done well with time management because I have been able to manage a good gpa, extracurriculars both at school and outside of school along with maintaining a job. I have always participated in theater and when I am prepping for a show it can be time consuming. I try to utilize your time wisely by taking advantage of time before and after school and during IS. Working together as a group planning for events is helpful.

What are some of the things you love about the Student Council that you want to maintain?

I want to help shape the upcoming year in a positive way since I have a deep sense of school spirit and pride for MCA.

What goals do you have for Student Council next year? How do you think we can accomplish those goals?

I want increase school involvement and school spirit by encouraging others to participate and support their fellow classmates. Adding incentive for participation. Increasing announcements and reminders about supporting classmates in extracurriculars.

How have you spread JOY at MCA this past year given our unique circumstances?

I have written letters to friends to encourage them and let them know I was thinking of them. I have also bonded with classmates through homeroom activities.