Candidate for Artist Chairlady: Reagan Krupp

Why are you running for your desired positions on Student Government?

I am running for the Executive Board position of Artist Chairlady and for Student Council Artist because I enjoy helping those around me through doing the thing I love and exercising my artistic abilities. I have been an artist since freshman year, and I have loved every second of it. And now, I hope to serve my last year on Student Council as Artist Chairlady in order to make sure that all the Artists make amazing memories and enjoy being in their position on Student Council as much as I have. I hope to make beautiful art for all of Mount Carmel to enjoy and help all of the Artists show off their abilities to the student body.

What is one thing you want to accomplish this year in your desired position? How will you go about doing so?

As the Artist Chairlady and an Artist, I hope to get the Artists more recognition for their beautiful work that they do all year. While Student Council does do a great job of making sure every position is equally represented and recognized at Student Council events, I feel that the Artists work can sometimes be overlooked because they do not work directly with the student body like other positions do. I hope to remind Mount Carmel students that the Student Council Artists are making the beautiful art they see on a daily basis. I will do this by announcing when an Artist makes a banner or when an Artist’s design is chosen for a t-shirt. I also hope to work with the MCA art department to include the Student Council’s Artist’s artwork, like T-shirt designs and banners, in some of the Mount Carmel art shows to make their talent known to the Mount Carmel community.

What are three adjectives that you would use to describe yourself and why?

Three adjectives I would use to describe myself are hardworking, passionate, and creative. I am hardworking because I never quit anything I start. I complete everything to my best ability, and I work rigorously to have things done on time and in the best way possible. I will use this hard work ethic to meet all of the deadlines with amazing work that the position of Artist Chairlady and Artist requires. I am also very passionate about not only Student Council, but also about Mount Carmel and all of its traditions. I love participating in all Student Council events, including Back to Brown Bash, Student Leaders Retreat, and Cub Crusader Clash. I will use my love for these events to make them fun and enjoyable for everyone participating, just like the past Executive Boards have done. I am lastly very creative, which is the most important when it comes to being both the Artist Chairlady and an Artist. I not only use my creativity in my art, but I also use it to come up with different ways to get tasks done. I will use my creativity in my position to both make beautiful art as well as to find new solutions to problems and new ways to complete any job that is required in the position of Artist Chairlady or Student Council Artist.

How do you spread JOY and kindness among your peers?

I spread joy to my peers by doing random acts of kindness throughout the day to help other people and make their days better. I try to do everything from helping someone in class with something they may not understand, holding the door open for someone who may have their hands full, or helping someone to pick up something they may have dropped. Doing these random acts of kindness helps me to spread joy to others and myself. I help others because it makes me feel like I am making others happy. It helps me to realize that even the simplest of things can help people, and I need to do my best to make as many people as joyful as possible.

Why should your peers vote for you? What qualifications do you have? Are there any awards you have received?

I feel that my peers should vote for me because I have had experience as an Artist and know from first hand experience what an Artist needs to get their job done properly. I have been a member of Student Government since 8th grade, and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I was a board member my 8th grade year, and I have served as a Student Council Artist since my freshman year. In my three years of experience as an Artist, I have learned from past Chairladies about what this job entails, and I have had lots of time to experience what an Artist does on a day to day basis. I also served as an It’s Your Day committee head this past year, which has helped me to learn what the Artist Chairlady does when working on this committee. I have participated in many Student Council events, including Back to Brown Bash, Student Leaders Retreat, GNO workshop, and major sporting events. I have also been a member of many different clubs that have helped me to grow in my leadership abilities and learn what it means to be a proper member of a team, including the Golf Team, Ambassadors, National Art Honors Society, and National Honors Society. I received outstanding member awards for both Student Council and the Golf Team for my work in these clubs. All of these things combined have helped to make me into the hardworking leader I am today, and feel I could use all the abilities I have learned from my experience to be an amazing Artist Chairlady or Artist.

How do you embody the term “servant leader”? Be specific about your contributions both in Student Council and at MCA in general.

I feel that I embody the term “servant leader” in the Mount Carmel community by simply helping everyone around me through small and simple acts. I do my best to help those around me by doing everything from helping them with something they may not understand in class to brightening someone’s day through a simple act of kindness. To me, being a “servant leader” means helping others when they may not know they need it. Everything from telling someone hello in the hall to holding the door for someone may brighten someone’s day more than anyone could ever know. I work as a “servant leader” in Student Council by being a proper team member and helping to make sure all the Artists work together in the best way to complete everything we have to do. I make sure that all the Artists work together in the most efficient way possible to make banners and decorations for the whole school to enjoy.

Recognizing that MCA’s Executive Board is extremely time consuming, how do you plan to manage your time next year if you win? Be specific about your strategies for time management.

In the past, I have learned to find a way to balance my academic life with all of my extracurricular activities, including Student Council. Now that I will hopefully be serving on Student Council as Artist Chairlady, I realize that this may be more time consuming than in the past, and I will have to find new ways to properly manage my time. I may have to cut back on some of my other extracurriculars, which I am willing to do, in order to make time for my position. I will also have my Artists to help me with any of my more major tasks, including banners for things like Winter Formal and decorations for pep-rallies and Back to Brown Bash. I plan to make workdays for all of these more major events and create schedules to help me delegate the work to the Artist in order to help manage my time better.

What are some of the things you love about Student Council that you want to maintain?

I love the community that grows between all of the members of Student Council throughout the year. All of the members spend lots of time together at Student Council events including Monday meetings, STK dress rehearsals, sporting events, and Students Leaders Retreat. I have made so many new friends from Student Council and its events, and I hope to make sure that Student Council stays a place where people feel welcomed and can build new friendships As a member of the Executive Board, I hope to cultivate this sense of sisterhood among Student Council members and make sure that it only grows stronger this next year.

What goals do you have for Student Council next year? How do you think we can accomplish those goals?

My main goal for Student Council is to help get more people outside of Student Council participating in as many events as possible. While most of our major events, including Student Leaders Retreat and Back to Brown Bash, have good turnouts, most of the people attending are Student Council Members. I hope to make it known that these events are open to everyone in order to encourage more people to attend who are not Student Council members. I think a great way to do this would be to truly spread the word about these events, not only through announcing it on the morning and afternoon announcements and making flyers to be hung around the school, but also by utilizing the Student Council Instagram. I feel that social media is a great way to get Mount Carmel students involved, and spreading the word on different social media platforms will help to spread the word throughout the Mount Carmel student body.

How do you spread JOY at MCA?

I spread joy at MCA by brightening everyones day whenever I can. I always do my best to have a smile on my face in order to hopefully spread my joy to others. Something as simple as a smile or just saying “hi” can turn a bad day into a better one. I also love to make people laugh, and I am always willing to tell a joke or funny story to make someone’s day better. I think laughter is always the best cure for sadness, and I have found that making someone laugh is a great way to spread joy to those around me. In the end, I do my best to make everyone happier by spreading my own joy and laughter to them.