Welcome Back Alum Teachers! New Faculty Return Home

Profiling MCA's New Faculty 2018-2019! Part Two

Back to Article
Back to Article

Ms. Yuspeh, the newest Civics teacher here at Mount Carmel, is, in fact, an alumni of the school. Her favorite memory of the school is Gym Day, and she is very fond for Tender Tuesday. Ms. Doran, her American history teacher, was a personal role model of hers. That, along with her love of sharing information with others, is what encouraged her to become a teacher.

Mount Carmel’s theatre program is what encouraged Ms. Collis, one of the newest fine arts teacher here at school, to pursue theatre. Her last performance was as Nora in Henrik Ibsen’s A Doll’s House, but her favorite production was Hairspray in which she portrayed Tracy Turnblad. Physiology and the human brain is what inspired Ms. Collis to get a degree in theatre. This inspiration is also helpful in receiving insight when understanding characters according to Ms. Collis. In reference to when she attended Mount Carmel as a student, Ms. Collis stated that her favorite thing about the school is seeing the developing dynamics from the separate generations of students. Ms. Collis loves her art, the art medium of oil, and her recently passed thirteen-year-old pitbull Ash.

The spirit of Mount Carmel helps Ms. Hannan feel connected to the school. She is the newest Biology and Anatomy teacher here at Mount Carmel and a former student. In high school, she participated in Celebration, Basketball, and was the Student Council Artist, watercolor being her favorite medium. Working with students in summer camps exposed her to an educational environment as well as partaking in an internship at the Audubon Zoo. Her love of animals is evident as she originally planned to be a veterinarian, and she has a Great Pyrenees, a dog named Siera; a cat, named Maoux; and two angelfish!

Are you a member of Teens4Life? So was Mrs. Brady when she attended here! Mrs. Brady is one of the newest editions to Mount Carmel’s math department. Her confidence in math is what encouraged her to tutor students of high school and college levels before coming to join us here at Mount Carmel. She was also a member of Celebration and took part in a number of honors’ society; she also plays guitar in her free time.