Echoes of Carmel

Filed under Entertainment, Music

BTS Taking Over the Music Industry?

Back to Article
Back to Article

BTS Taking Over the Music Industry?

BTS, aka Bangtan Sonyeondan, is undoubtedly the most famous KPOP group as of 2018—in both Korea and in the United States! What is KPOP? It’s Korean pop music, but as BTS shows, the music is actually universal. BTS has seven members: RM, Jin, J-Hope, Jimin, V, Suga, and Jungkook. Throughout the past couple of years this Korean boy group has broken countless of records, including some originally set by the most famous of American artists.

They have appeared on almost every single top Korean talk show and music award show. Here in America, they have made appearances on shows including The Ellen Degeneres Show, The Late Late Show With James Corden, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel Live, Billboard Music Awards, and The American Music Awards. Who knows where they will appear next at this rate!

BTS first made their debut in 2013 with the album 2 Cool 4 Skool. They have also recently released the final album to their album trilogy of Love Yourself titled Love Yourself: Tear.

BTS has some of the most loyal fans, which they call “ARMY,” and it is better not to cross them. ARMY’s can be some scary personas as they are very protective over their idols.

Today, It is almost impossible to not hear the name “BTS” in the public, in magazines, talk shows, award shows, social media, and so much more! Since their first American award nomination and win, no other artist has beat them.

So, the question is… Is BTS taking over the music industry?

1 Comment

One Response to “BTS Taking Over the Music Industry?”

1. Brooke Piazza on October 16th, 2018 11:17 am

This is very well written Olivia. I think this is very interesting and I love it! I’m also an A.R.M.Y and your definitely write about them being protective!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

Mount Carmel Academy's student newspaper
BTS Taking Over the Music Industry?