Echoes of Carmel

Filed under Advice, Student Life

Study Tips:

With summer ending and school beginning once again, you may have a hard time getting back into things. Something you may have a lot of trouble with is studying. Here are some tips that may make this transition a little easier.

• Do not wait until the day before to start studying for a big test or quiz. You should read your notes every day so when it comes time to study, you will know most of it. You should also try and study in quiet organized places.
  • If you are studying where there is loud noise or lots of things going on, then it will be hard to concentrate.
  • It will also help if your study space is organized because then you will know where everything is and can lay your notes out.
  • Another study tip is to rewrite your notes while studying. Studies show that when you write something down you have a better chance of remembering it.
  • Along with rewriting your notes, you could also talk to someone about what you are learning. What this means is to teach someone what you are learning like a teacher would in class. This could help because you would use your own words from the notes showing that you know the material.
  • Lastly, it may be a good idea to find out if you are a visual, auditory, or kinesthetic learner. If you are a visual learner, then you may study best if you use lots of colors in your notes. Also taking your notes and making flashcards could help. Auditory learners study better if they are discussing their notes. Anything with sound or talking about the notes help these types of learners best. Finally, kinesthetic learners study better by doing hands-on activities and getting involved.

There are many other ways you could study, these are just some easy study-tips to help you get back into the swing of things.

About the Writer
Elise Vicknair, Staff Writer

Hello, my name is Elise Vicknair, and I am a sophomore here at Mount Carmel. I enjoy hanging out with friends and family, watching Netflix, running, and...