Candidate for Secretary: Camille Mouney

• What about Mount Carmel inspires you to be a leader? How do you think you could serve
    the needs of this school specifically?

All of the greatness surrounding Mount Carmel and its student body inspires me to be a leader.
    Almost everyday someone in our school is recognized for doing something outstanding, and it
    inspires me to want to do great things. Whether it’s writing a paper about your teacher, winning a state championship, being an entrepreneur of crazy ideas, marching for life, or making exceptional grades, someone is always being recognized for outstanding behavior. This inspires me to be a hard worker and a model Christian student and friend. I want to serve the needs of Mount Carmel by promoting academic, social, and religious growth in those around me.

• What is one quality that sets you apart as a leader? Name one concrete way that you can see yourself using this quality in your desired position.
    Competence is an important quality that sets me apart as a leader. Competence is the ability to
    successfully accomplish something I put my mind to. When faced with a task I feel passionate
    about, I put all my effort into it so that it comes out the best it can be. As secretary, I will be
    competent, effective, and efficient in taking notes during meetings, keeping track of student
    council points earned by everyone in Student Government, and making sure that all events are
    thoroughly planned and promoted.

• In what specific area of leadership would you like to grow this year? How would service
    on MCA’s Student Government help you grow in that area?

I am looking forward to growing in leadership by learning to work as a team with the other
    members on Executive Board. Working as a representative has been mostly independent work,
    but Executive Board will require teamwork. I will have a positive attitude, listen to others, ask
    questions, establish trust, and create a team. I am a “people person,” and I know I will like
    working together with any of the candidates elected.

• What are some accolades you have received for your service, both in and out of Mount
    Carmel? For example, have you ever earned an outstanding member pin? Have you ever
    been distinguished in any way for work you have done?

At St. Clement, I won the Merit Award a number of times. The Merit Award recognizes students
    who have exemplified extraordinary efforts in their academic achievements. I’ve been on the
    Honor Roll since First Grade, and I was also one of the top readers in my seventh grade year. My band director gave me an award for being the most positive person in the band.

• How do you act as a faithful leader, both in and out of Mount Carmel?
    I choose to live by God’s law. I care for others’ feelings, I am thankful for what I have, and I try
    to always be humble. I do the right thing even when no one is looking and help others without
    being asked. Outside of Mount Carmel, I participate in Mass and other sacraments at my parish
    church.

• What other clubs are you in? What other clubs do you plan to join next year?
    I am currently part of Student Government serving as a ninth grade representative. Next year, I
    plan to join the fishing club, Christian Life Community, and track and field.

• What is your leadership experience, both in and out of Mount Carmel?
    My leadership experience at Mount Carmel includes being a representative for two consecutive
    years, being chosen to represent Mount Carmel at District Rally, and being selected for the Frosh Queen Court. I have been involved in student council since it was offered to me in the fifth grade at St. Clement of Rome. I served as a representative for two years, and in seventh grade, I was the vice president. Currently, I help coach my brother’s baseball team and like to volunteer time in my mom’s third grade classroom.

• How have you consciously tried to develop yourself as a leader this past year?
    I have consciously tried to develop myself as a leader this past year by making new friends, not
    following the crowd, standing up for what is right and good, attending school events such as Cub Crusader Clash and Carmel Challenge Cup, and attending religious events such as the Lenten Mission at my parish church and weekly Stations of the Cross at school.

• What is one flaw that might get in your way to serve on executive board to the best of your ability (academic course load, involvement in other clubs, after-school jobs, etc.)?
    How will you consciously address this flaw to ensure you serve to the best of your
    ability?

One of my flaws that might get in the way of serving as secretary is not standing up for myself. I
    do not like confrontation, and I always try to keep the peace. This might get in the way of my
    serving on executive board because I will have to stand up to people. For example, I will have to
    stand up to other Student Government members who dispute their student council points just as Natalie had to do this year. I know that my organizational skills will not allow members to
    receive points they have not earned.

• When is a time that you served without receiving accolades? Be specific.
    My grammar school is always looking for volunteers for different events, and they always look
    for me to volunteer because they can count on me. Some events that I worked without getting
    service hours include Breakfast with Santa, Oyster Festival, Beach Blanket Bingo, and many
    more.

• How are you an effective time manager, and what is your strategy for time management?
    Be specific.

Time management is one of my best skills. I am good at prioritizing, organizing, and balancing
    my daily tasks so that my time is used constructively. Because I am good at time management, I
    am productive in meeting deadlines and reaching goals. My strategy is not procrastinating. When I am assigned a project, I start the project as soon as I can so that I am not playing catch-up.

• How do you model kindness and gratefulness to your administrators, teachers, and peers?
    Give specific examples.

I am always kind and respectful to my administrators, teachers, and peers. I live by the golden
    rule which states, “Treat others as you would like to be treated.” One of my favorite things as a
    representative is to reward my homeroom with treats and sweets for their participation in student
    council events. Besides being a good motivator for them, I think they appreciate my
    thoughtfulness.