Candidate for Treasurer: Cassidy Chappuis

• What about Mount Carmel inspires you to be a leader? How do you think you could serve
    the needs of this school specifically?

The essence of Mount Carmel pushes me to do my best. So many bright women before
    me have come to this school and are now happy and successful. They inspire me to do my best at
    everything that I do and to bring as many people as I can on the road to success. I believe that I
    could spread joy through smiles in the hallways. I think that I can get people more enthusiastic
    about Mount Carmel by being enthusiastic myself.

• What is one quality that sets you apart as a leader? Name one concrete way that you can
    see yourself using this quality in your desired position.

I can both actively and passively lead. I can take charge of a schoolwide project and help
    create success. However, I can also lead a background activity such as publicity or decorations
    and still generate success. This allows me to be approachable by all students, introverts and
    extroverts alike. As treasurer, I will excel not only by handling finances in the background of
    student council, but also by functioning as an important part of the executive board.

• In what specific area of leadership would you like to grow this year? How would service
    on MCA’s Student Government help you grow in that area?

I would like to grow in delegation skills. I believe that overseeing fundraising committee
    will help me learn how to properly delegate tasks to a group of people depending on their
    strengths and weaknesses.

• What are some accolades you have received for your service, both in and out of Mount
    Carmel? For example, have you ever earned an outstanding member pin? Have you ever
    been distinguished in any way for work you have done?

I received the silver medal for service hours, and I was outstanding member of Student
    Council last year. In my CYO, I was named outstanding youth of my church parish.

• How do you act as a faith leader both in and out of Mount Carmel?
    I always do my best to spread the light of Christ and be kind to others. I help others when
    they are in need, and exuberantly spread the Word of God through both my actions and my
    words. My actions and words continuously display affection and gentleness to others, and I try to
    get others to spread kindness, too. I also like to attend and read at Tuesday Masses in the chapel.

In addition, I am part of Teen CROSS (Catholics Reaching Out in Selfless Service), and I help
    with planning and running World Youth Day. My CYO also helps me lead through hosting
    holiday parties, reading at mass, and going to retreats.

• What other clubs are you in? What other clubs do you plan to join next year?
    Right now, I am in many clubs: Campus Ministry, Encore, Fitness Club, Instrumental
    Ensemble, JETS, Mu Alpha Theta, Science Olympiad, Sci-Fi Fantasy Club, Student Council, and
    WMCA. Next year, I plan to be in those same clubs in addition to National Honors Society and
    Ambassador Team. However, if time does not allow, I am willing to give up some of these clubs
    in order to be able to best manage my time.

• What is your leadership experience both in and out of MCA?
    I attended the GNOASC (Greater New Orleans Association of Student Councils)
    Workshop twice. It is our district’s student council workshop that helps build leadership skills. I
    also attended LASC (Louisiana Association of Student Councils) Workshop and Convention. At
    workshop, I spent several days learning about leadership and how to incorporate everyone’s
    ideas into a goal and leading that goal. At convention, I listened to some amazing keynote
    speakers and helped elect state student council officers. For several years, I have helped lead
    children at St. Luke’s Vacation Bible School. At MCA, I do my best to help friends in their
    studies and give them advice when they search for it. I am head of nametag committee, and I
    ensure that nametags get made regularly.

• How have you consciously tried to develop yourself as a leader this past year?
    As I said, I attended the LASC Workshop, the GNOASC Workshop two years in a row,
    and LASC Convention. All of these helped me develop my leadership skills and grow as a
    person. I have also come out of my shell and started sharing ideas with others. I take advice from
    my peers on how I can better lead groups of people. I do my best to take the initiative when
    things need to be completed.

• What is one flaw that might get in your way to serve on Executive Board to the best of
    your ability (academic course load, involvement in other clubs, after-school jobs, etc.)? How will
    you consciously address this flaw to ensure you serve to the best of your ability?

I will have a difficult academic course load considering that I am in all honors classes and
    two AP classes. However, I will stay on top of my work and use weekends to my advantage so I
    can handle both school and Executive Board. When I was younger, I was in four sports and I was
    still capable of properly managing each sport with schoolwork. I believe that I will be able to
    stay on top of things just as I have done in the past.

• When is a time that you served without receiving accolades? Be specific.
    When I helped build the set and props for the musicals at Lake Castle Slidell, I realized
    just how much work goes into creating a musical. Costumes need to be made, hair and makeup
    need to get done, choreography is needed for every dance number, and props need to get built.
    Especially with the scenery, nobody realizes how much effort is required to put on a musical, and
    nobody really thinks to thank the people who helped put it together.

• How are you an effective time manager, and what is your strategy for time management?
    Be specific.

An integral part of time management is knowing which tasks need to be done and time in
    which you have to do them. When I am aware of the tasks that need to be completed, I can
    presume the amount of time that all of the tasks will take to finish. When this is planned ahead, I
    can finish my projects and assignments on time. These things are the most important parts of
    time management.

• How do you model kindness and gratefulness to your administrators, teachers, and peers?
    Give specific examples.

When I have spare time, I always ask teachers and students if they need help with
    anything. I am sure to thank everyone for what they do, whether they run the school or wash the
    dishes. The administrators, teachers, and my peers are always there for me, and the least that I
    can do is be there for them.