Echoes of Carmel

December in NOLA: Event Roundup

Ever looking for something to do during Christmas break? Well, here are some events going on in New Orleans to get you out of the house during Christmas.

One thing to do is Nola ChristmasFest. This year it opens on December 21 and it will end on December 31. When you purchase tickets to ChristmasFest there are many things you can do, including Ice Skating, Ice Slides, Carnival Rides, Inflatables, life-size mazes, and much more. This event has many things to do and the tickets only cost twenty dollars.

Would you like to spend time with your family, while singing Christmas carols? Then head on down to Jackson Square for the annual “Caroling in Jackson Square” that is put on every year. This year it is happening on Friday, December 17. The gates open at 6:30 and the caroling starts at 7.

Another special event that happens every year is Celebration in the Oaks. During Celebration in the Oaks, you can take a walk through City Park to see all of the big Christmas lights and decorations put out for the holidays. This event was opened on November 24, but it closes on January 1. Don’t forget to check out the Mount Carmel Christmas tree decorated by NAHS!

The bonfires are also a family-fun event that takes place every year on Christmas Eve. These are huge pieces of wood built almost like a teepee that are lit on fire. The idea of the bonfires is to light the way for Papa Noel. Most bonfires are lit at sundown in St. James Parish.

About the Writer
Elise Vicknair, Staff Writer

Hello, my name is Elise Vicknair, and I am a sophomore here at Mount Carmel. I enjoy hanging out with friends and family, watching Netflix, running, and attending concerts. This is my third year being on the cross-country team and my second year on Echoes. I am very excited about this school year and cannot wait to see what it holds.

1 Comment

One Response to “December in NOLA: Event Roundup”

1. Emily Pari on December 13th, 2017 1:06 pm

These events will really help me fight my boredom during Christmas Break!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

Mount Carmel Academy's student newspaper
December in NOLA: Event Roundup