Echoes of Carmel

Tis the Season to Bake! Christmas Cookie Recipe

Are​ ​you​ ​ever​ ​bored​ ​at​ ​home,​ ​​craving​ ​a​ ​sugary​ ​snack?​ No need to run to the store. Whether you’re with friends or alone, it’s the season to warm the house and bake​ ​up some​ ​sugary​ ​treats.​ ​Better yet, there’s no need to take a risk on an overly-complicated recipe, since we tried out these sugar cookies for you!

This​ ​is​ ​how​ ​the​ ​dough​ ​should​ ​look​ ​when​ ​the​ ​first steps​ ​are​ ​completed, just before you put it in the freezer.

Here’s how​ ​to​ ​make​ ​some​ ​festive,​ ​delicious​ ​cookies. ​The ingredients​ ​you​ ​will​ ​need​ ​are:​ all-purpose ​flour,​ ​baking​ ​powder,​ ​baking​ ​soda,​ ​teaspoon​ ​salt, granulated​ ​sugar,​ ​cream​ ​cheese,​ ​butter,​ ​egg,​ ​vanilla,​ ​milk,​ ​and​ ​sprinkles.

First​, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. You​ ​will​ ​mix​ ​two​ ​and​ ​a​ ​half​ ​cups​ ​of​ ​flour,​ ​one​ ​teaspoon​ ​of​ ​baking powder,​ ​a​ ​half​ ​teaspoon​ ​of​ ​baking​ ​soda,​ ​and​ ​a​ ​half​ ​teaspoon​ ​of​ ​salt​ ​in​ ​a​ ​bowl.​ ​Then, set ​the​ ​bowl of dry ingredients​ ​to​ ​the​ ​side​ ​because​ ​the​ ​mixture​ ​will​ ​be​ ​needed​ ​for​ ​later​ ​in​ ​the​ ​recipe.

Next,​ get out another bowl and ​beat​ together ​one​ ​and​ ​a​ ​half​ ​cups​ ​of​ ​granulated​ ​sugar,​ ​one​ ​package​ ​of​ ​softened​ ​cream cheese,​ ​and​ ​a​ ​half​ ​cup of​ ​butter. Mix​ ​all​ ​of​ ​these​ ​ingredients​ ​with​ ​an​ ​electric​ ​mixer; remember, do this in​ ​a​ ​separate​ ​bowl from the dry ingredients.​ ​Next,​ ​crack​ ​and​ ​drop​ ​in​ ​two​ ​eggs​ ​and two​ ​teaspoons​ ​of​ ​vanilla​ ​and​ ​continue​ ​to​ ​mix.​ ​When​ ​you​ ​are​ ​finished​ ​mixing​ ​all​ ​of the​ ​ingredients,​ ​take​ ​the​ ​first​ ​mixture​ ​in​ ​the​ ​bowl​ ​that​ ​was​ ​previously​ ​set​ ​aside,​ ​and gradually​ ​add​ ​the​ ​first​ ​mixture​ ​in​ ​with​ ​the​ ​second​ ​mixture.​ ​It​ ​is​ ​very​ ​important​ ​that you​ ​mix​ ​the​ ​new​ ​mixture​ ​with​ ​a​ ​spoon,​ ​not​ ​an​ ​electric​ ​mixer.​ ​The​ ​mixture​ ​will start​ ​to​ ​harden​ ​and​ ​look​ ​a​ ​lot​ ​like​ ​store​ ​bought​ ​cookie​ ​dough.​ ​Once​ ​you​ ​have finished​, ​cover​ ​the​ ​bowl​ ​and​ put it in the fridge.

This​ ​is​ ​how​ ​the​ ​frosting​ ​should​ ​look​ ​when​ ​done.

​Let​ ​the​ ​dough​ cool​ ​for​ ​fifteen​ ​minutes. While​ ​the​ dough is cooling,​ ​it​ ​is​ ​time​ ​to​ ​make​ ​the​ ​frosting.​ ​First,​ ​beat​ ​two and​ ​a​ ​half​ ​cups​ ​of​ ​powdered​ ​sugar,​ ​and​ ​mix​ ​it​ ​with ​one-fourth​ cup of ​softened​ ​butter,​ ​3 tablespoons​ ​of​ ​milk,​ ​and​ ​a​ ​half​ ​teaspoons​ ​of​ ​vanilla.​ ​Then,​ ​mix​ ​the​ ​ingredients​ ​with a​ ​spoon​ ​until​ ​the​ ​frosting​ ​is​ ​soft​ ​with​ ​no​ ​chunks​ ​of​ ​butter​ ​in​ ​it.

Once​ ​you​ ​are​ ​finished​ ​with​ ​the​ ​frosting,​ ​take the dough out from the fridge. Roll​ ​the​ ​dough​ ​into​ ​balls​ ​that​ ​are​ ​the size​ ​of​ ​a​ ​ping​ ​pong ball.​ ​Then,​ ​place​ ​the​ ​balls​ ​equally​ ​apart​ ​from​ ​each​ ​other​ (a couple inches) ​on a cookie sheet and​ ​place them​ ​into​ ​the​ ​preheated oven.​ ​ ​Bake​ ​for​ ​ten to fifteen minutes, and​ ​then​ ​let​ ​the​ ​cookies​ ​cool​ ​for​ ​fifteen​ ​minutes.​ ​Finally,​ ​take​ ​a​ ​knife​ ​and​ ​icing​ ​the cookies​ ​with​ ​the​ ​frosting​ ​that​ ​was​ ​made​ ​before,​ ​an​ ​add​ ​any​ ​extra​ ​Christmas​ ​cookie decorations.​ ​For​ ​my​ ​choice​ ​of​ ​decoration,​ ​I​ ​choose​ ​red​ ​sprinkles,​ ​but​ ​feel​ ​free​ ​to add​ ​whatever​ ​you​ ​want.

​I​ ​hope​ ​you​ ​plan​ ​to​ ​use​ ​this​ ​recipe​ ​this​ ​holiday​ ​season,​ ​and​ ​that​ ​you​ ​enjoy
making​ ​the​ ​cookies​ ​as​ ​much​ ​as​ ​you​ ​will​ ​eating​ ​them!

This​ ​is​ ​the​ ​final​ ​product​ ​made​ ​from​ ​the​ ​recipe.

1 Comment

One Response to “Tis the Season to Bake! Christmas Cookie Recipe”

1. Molly Leze on December 11th, 2017 11:44 pm

Looks delicious!!! Great read!!!!!

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

Mount Carmel Academy's student newspaper