Teacher Spotlight: Mrs. Amstutz

Mrs. Kelly Amstutz is Touching Lives

Teacher Spotlight: Mrs. Amstutz

Mrs. Kelly Amstutz is a Western Civilization teacher at Mount Carmel Academy. It is her third year teaching at the school, and she is very excited for this school year. She has fallen in love with Mount Carmel’s community; Mrs. Amstutz says she loves how the school is like one big family, even though each grade has different mascots. She also says her co-workers help her when she feels like she is not doing a good job of being a teacher and a mother, which is another great example of how the Mount Carmel community helps one another.

Mrs. Amstutz enjoys teaching history, especially the “not so pretty” aspects. She likes to teach the students the bad things throughout history, so they know not to repeat it. She also likes to watch her students grow as people and as students throughout the year, as well as seeing how they view the world. Mrs. Amstutz believes that giving the students a voice and letting them ask questions and state what they think is a good way to help them learn. She is excited for the 2017-2018 school year because she will get to see her students thrive as they grow as students and people. She is also very excited for the birth of her second daughter who is due in December! Anyone who has had or has Mrs. Amstutz knows she cares deeply for her students and this school, and she is an amazing teacher.