Back to Brown Bash: A Night to Remember

Erin Fortier, Editor

Mount Carmel’s Student Council hosted Back to Brown Bash, a back to school dance where each grade dresses up according to a different theme, August 26th in the Assembly Center.

The Back to Brown Bash started in 2016 as way to celebrate the Cubs’ return to school, and this year included a charitable aspect, raising money for the Box of Joy Project. Box of Joy is a new service project that Mount Carmel’s Student Council is sponsoring this year. It is a school-wide service project that will help the less fortunate in countries like Ecuador. Student Council benefited greatly from Back to Brown Bash, and they are grateful for all who attended.

“Back to brown bash was a huge success,” said Executive Board Vice President Caroline Osborne. “The turnout was incredible, and thanks to the huge turnout, we raised a lot money for the Box of Joy Project. Not only was it a success, it was so much fun. I really think all of the girls had an amazing time, and I hope the dance continues in years to come.”

The seniors dressed up as senoritas, and their freshman mascot, Roxanne Heitmeier, wore her pinata costume from their freshman Spirit Day. They reminisced about that Spirit Day while enjoying the last time they were able to party hard at the Back to Brown Bash.

The juniors’ theme was sports. There were people dressed up as anything from baseball players to volleyball players and swimmers. You also could see many people representing their favorite teams in Saints and LSU jerseys.

, “It was a wonderful experience getting to bond with other grades, dress up, and dance like nobody’s watching,” said junior Kaylin Swoboda.

The sophomores dressed up as different safari animals.

Sophomore President Grace Walser said, “Back to Brown is a great way to goof off and have fun with your friends while supporting a good cause,” said Sophomore Class President Grace Walser. “I love going and can’t wait for next year.”

The freshman dressed up as superheroes. Some of them created their own superhero costumes. Others dressed as Superman, Batman, and Spiderman.

“I loved getting down on the dance floor with some of my best friends,” said one freshman.

For their first MCA dance, the eighth graders got to dress up as cheerleaders. They truly enjoyed this time where they could get together as a grade and dance to groovy tunes.

“Back to brown was a great way to spend time with old friends and meet new ones,” said eighth grader Emily Schexnayder. “I am looking forward to a great first year at MCA.”